Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Jacob William Horrocks... the first month





He has a name!!!!

Jacob William Horrocks

Wow... I can't believe its been a month already! It seems like the little guy has always been here! We are definitely a family of 5.

Jacob was born after the kids were ready asleep so the next morning when they woke up we took them down to the sofa and Phil brought the little guy down. They were so excited. They each took turns holding him. Joel told him he would always look after him and that he loved him. Alice was so excited and loved that he had eyes. Ahw just kept shouting "eyes, eyes" and usually that was followed with some pocking. The rest of the week was much of the same. Joel whispering sweet words to his brother and Alice discovering Jacob's other features. AND lots of kisses and cuddles!!

Joel gave Jacob a special toy-Harley (the name Joel wanted for Jacob)

We had a rough time when he was two weeks old. He stopped feeding and started vomiting bright green so I took him into A and E early one morning knowing something wasn't right where he was diagnosed with a hernia with twisted bowel and he had emergency surgery around lunch time. It all went really well and we had best case scenario. But still really scary. We spent a few days in hospital but I was able to stay with him and he recovered really quickly.

Now he seems to be much better. A very healthy pair of lungs! If you know what I mean=)

He loves feeding and being held. We're now just figuring out what our normal is. Finding our routine. Little things like loading the car are harder with three. I can't help but feel a little proud every time we leave the house. I know it sounds basic but its quite the operation these days! We are all looking forward to month 2 and hoping for his first smile soon!

-More pictures to come soon!

4 comments:

  1. Too cute Erica! Love his name and glad he is healthy after that scare. Many hugs to you and your sweet family of 5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a handsome little man, he looks like he fits right in! ;-) So sweet that Joel has taken to him so well and that Alice is so curious- too cute!! You look wonderful and so happy! So excited for you guys, and you'll have to pass along an words of wisdom you discover managing 3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay another Jacob!! Great name :)
    Glad is all is well post surgery, poor little guy.
    You should definately give your self a pat on the back each time you manage to leave the house with all in tow!
    Enjoy getting to know each other more and more :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw this link on your facebook and had to check it out!! I'm so glad to know that Jacob's much better since his health scare :) Yikes!! Bless his heart! I hope we can catch up soon....I want to hear about this home birth. You're so brave!!

    ReplyDelete