Sunday, 19 April 2009

Me time...

So I've got the house to myself (we are staying with some friends in Denver right now) and I am just debating what to do. I always crave "me time", but I often find I don't know what to do with it. Should I get some jobs done, pamper myself, read, catch up on East Enders, pray, sleep?? Or now write in my blog. Why is it that I always have all these things I want or feel I need to do?

As you can see I've chosen blog for some reason. We had a couple over for dinner before went on holiday and they asked why I started a blog. We all have our reasons, but I kinda said, "well.. I guess I've always written a blog in my head."  They all laughed. Their reaction made me think why I love it so much and even why I chose to use my few spare minutes to write in it now. 

I spend a lot of time thinking/ reflecting and I think a blog lets me do just that and at the end I have some sort of product. I really miss having products.  It sounds silly, but when you work a "normal" job you usually have finished products. Being a wife and mother NEVER end.  I love what I do, but sometimes I just like to see some sort of product.  And as sad as it is, this one seems to work for me.

Also I need to do something to help my mind remember it has a job to do. We played a game last night and I was shocked at how slow I am these days.  It was a word game so not going to be one of my strengths, but fortunately my fun loving side is much more dominate than my competitive and I was able to just laugh at my sweet little self! 

* I need to play more games!!  Maybe this is a good reason to get a Wii?? I could get Brain Training to help the mind, Wii Fit for the body and Mario Party for some social development!!!! Phil are you reading this....

No comments:

Post a Comment