Sunday, 12 April 2009

Sick day

I've been a stay at home mum now for almost two years and I'm proud to say that I've been pretty healthy. I've had bad days but could always cope. Phil has had a few bugs and has taken a handful of days off work to stay home and recover. I have always been jealous of this. I didn't think it was possible for me to just take a day off...

Last week, the day before we were planning to leave for our US trip, I got food poisoning or a serious case of D and V. Saying I was sick doesn't in any way describe how I felt.  There was no way I could have taken care of Joel.  And I am so pleased to say that I got to take a sick day. Phil took the morning off and called a few of our friends who came rushing over.  They played with Joel, gave him is meals, CLEANED MY HOUSE and so much more!!! It was amazing. I still can't believe it. I spent the entire day recovering.  

Thank you so much to all my amazing friends. I can't believe how lucky I am.

Mums can have sick days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment